Princeton Friends School is a learning community rooted in kindness, respect, and service. Every day, our pre-school to 8th grade students are engaged in hands-on, child-centered education that builds skills, deepens knowledge, and inspires creative, critical, and independent thinking. In our classrooms and gathering places, our woods and playgrounds, students and teachers collaborate in an environment of discovery and intellectual vigor. Princeton Friends School, enrolling approximately 125 students, offers an exceptional, forward-thinking curriculum and a welcoming, diverse community where every child is known. The Quaker values of peace, social justice, and reflection infuse all we do at PFS.
Our days are filled with moments that give PFS its essential character:
- the discoveries that mark our creative and expansive mathematics program and our place-based science classes;
- the mixed-grade literature classes that fuel passions for reading, thoughtful analysis, and deep thinking within a culture of shared engagement;
- the Mandarin and Spanish classes starting in pre-school;
- the vibrant learning environment where students are assessed not by standardized tests but by personal feedback based on their abilities and progress;
- the monthly community service projects that teach about social justice and build character;
- the deep, trusting relationships between teachers and students as we learn, discover, and grow together
- …and so much more.
To truly get to know PFS, we urge you to visit us
in person. We trust that you will know, within minutes of walking on our campus, if Princeton Friends is indeed a right fit for your child and your family. We hope to see you soon.
Princeton Friends School is accredited by the New Jersey Association of Independent Schools (NJAIS) and the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS). We are also a member of the Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS) and the Friends Council on Education (FCE).