Director of Finance and External Revenue
JOB TITLE: Director of Finance and External Revenue DATE: 08/19
FUNCTIONAL AREA: Administrative Team
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Head of School
All employees of Princeton Friends School work to help the school fulfill its mission.
Reporting to the Head of School, the Director of Finance and External Revenue is responsible for financial budgets and accountability, external revenue streams, and the overall fiscal health of PFS.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
In collaboration with colleagues, and under the supervision of the Head of School, the Director of Finance and External Revenue responsibilities include:
- Manage cash flow and forecasting; direct all financial, project-based and departmental accounting
- Oversee and manage the annual audit
- Manage tuition receivables, payables, vendor relations, investments
- Work closely with the advancement staff to monitor and account for all fundraising activities and associated gifts
- Work closely with the Director of Operations on high-level planning and facilities financial modeling
- Conduct annual, long-term, and capital budget planning in alignment with the School’s mission
- For special situations, conduct financial analysis and projections, cost identification and allocation, and revenue/expense analysis; provide recommendations
- Hire, mentor, manage and retain highly qualified business office staff
Human Resources Administration
- Act as the school’s liaison to the human resource consultant and support the Head of School in all human resource activities
- Provide guidance in establishing appropriate benefits programs and recommends changes to enhance benefits and/or reduce costs
- Manage all payroll services, interfacing with outsourced functions as well as consult with the Head of School to determine compensation administration
- Manage group health insurance administration with provider, including overseeing and participating in administration of flex spending accounts
- Ensure the school’s personnel policies support its programs and that the school’s actions regarding hiring, compensation, training, promotion and separation comply with state and federal requirements
- Work in consult to manage life and disability insurance programs
- Work in consult to administer 401(k) accounts, arrange for employee education on same
- Work in consult to facilitate employee background checks
- Serve as Equal Employment Opportunity compliance representative
- Solicit, manage and oversee contracts for external revenue streams
- Oversee Summer Camp Coordinator, Afterschool Program Coordinator
- Ensure that all program staff are trained in health and safety policies
- Ensure fiscal health of all programs including: planning and coordinating program budgets, payroll, monitoring all program revenue and expenses on a monthly basis, coordinating registration, billing, and the collection of payments
- Negotiate and manage contracts with vendors and off-campus organizations
- Prior experience of at least three years as a CFO, Director of Finance, or Business Manager, with a minimum of a Bachelors degree, MBA preferred
- Strong accounting and technology skills
- Analytical and strategic thinking skills; ability to problem-solve
- Effective interpersonal communication skills; strong oral and written presentation skills
- Initiative and ability to work independently; strongly self-motivated and possessing organizational skills necessary to manage multiple functions or projects simultaneously; high competence with both detailed and big picture tasks
- Integrity and the desire to provide leadership in a mission-based organization
The Director of Finance and External Revenue must use discernment in responding to various needs and requests from the school’s stakeholders. Communication and decisions beyond the scope of this position must be referred to the Head of School.
The Director of Finance and External Revenue will be exposed to information of a confidential, proprietary or statutorily protected nature, including but not limited to student, faculty and parent information. The Director of Finance and External Revenue must maintain the confidentiality and private nature of such information with the utmost good faith, especially as it pertains to student, family and other proprietary and protected information.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Angela DeGraff, Interim Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those candidates who are selected to be interviewed will be contacted. No phone calls please.