Unit Directors are assigned to a single unit of up to 18 campers for the duration of the summer and are responsible for overseeing and directing its management throughout the day. This counselor is the unit’s primary contact with camper families and will relay any important information at drop-off and pick-up times. Unit Directors come with a sense of responsibility, compassion, and enthusiasm for working with campers to make Princeton Friends Summer Camp a safe and joyous place grounded in the SPICES. Unit Directors are called upon to demonstrate strong leadership, decision-making, and communication skills, and a willingness to be silly. Unit Directors are also expected to:
- Be responsible for the safety, supervision, and programming of a specific unit of camp.
- Create daily schedules, lead games and activities, delegate tasks to assistant counselors, floating counselors, and counselors in training as needed.
- Communicate important information with families during pick-up and drop-off.
- Engage campers in daily swim activities.
- Write and teach short songs and skits to campers as relates to the weekly theme.
- Ensure health and safety procedures are followed.
- Execute additional tasks as given by the Camp Director and Assistant Camp Directors as needed.
Days: Monday - Friday
Start Date: June 20th
End Date: August 18th
Weekly Pay: $560
To apply for a job at Princeton Friends Summer Camp: click here.