read all events
Princeton Friends School offers financial aid to enable accepted students to enroll regardless of their families’ ability to pay the full cost of tuition. While the admissions process strives to create a student body that is ethnically, socially, and academically diverse, the financial aid program allows an economically diverse population to attend the school.
Financing the tuition for a Princeton Friends School education is not always easy, but it is possible. Many families mistakenly believe they do not qualify for financial aid. However, there is no specific income level at which a family is no longer eligible for aid. Financial aid is offered to students on the basis of their families’ demonstrated financial need. Princeton Friends School subscribes to the principles of good practice of the National Association of Independent Schools. Princeton Friends uses the services of TADS (Tuition and Data Services) to process tuition assistance applications. Based on the financial information you provide, TADS provides an estimated amount your family can contribute to educational expenses. This helps us make fair and objective financial aid decisions.
We do not offer extracurricular, merit, athletic, or other non-need based grants. Although we set aside a large portion of the school's operating budget for financial aid, we are not always able to meet all the needs for which families apply. A student’s family is primarily responsible for covering the costs of the child’s education. The financial aid grants given by Princeton Friends School are designed to help bridge the gap between what a family can afford and tuition.
For more information about Princeton Friends School’s financial aid program, please email Chris Searle at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call him at 609-683-1194, x57.
Beginning December 1 families can begin applying for financial aid online at www.tads.com
. After the family application has been submitted to TADS please adhere to the deadlines listed below.
- By January 31st, families must submit the completed financial aid application along with the appropriate fee to TADS.
- By February 7th, families must submit a signed IRS Form 4506-T to the Director of Financial Aid.
- By February 15th, a copy of the W-2 form and/or a 1099 form from each parent must be submitted to TADS.
- By February 15th, new and returning families who are requesting financial aid for the first time must submit signed copies of their federal income tax returns from the previous two tax years with all supporting schedules to TADS.
- By February 15th, returning families who have previously received aid must submit signed copies of their federal income tax return from the previous tax year to TADS.
- By mid-March, financial aid decisions will be communicated to families.
Directions for Applying for Financial Aid Online
1. Click on the link below for the TADS Financial Aid Worksheet. Use this document to help you organize all the records you will need to complete your financial aid application online.
2. Click on the link for the TADS Financial Aid Application. If you are new to TADS, create an account and password. Answer the questions and submit your application. Be sure to send TADS copies of all necessary financial records. If you have an existing account with TADS, whether for billing or financial aid, be sure to use that same email and password.
3. If you encounter any difficulty in completing the application, please call TADS support at 800-477-8237 or email email@example.com.
Financial Aid Application